jueves, 19 de febrero de 2015
future tenses. 3A
Time clauses are introduced with the following time conjunctions:
When – as – as soon as – while – before – the moment
that – since – after – by the time – whenever -
We never use _____________________ after time conjunctions; we use the
_____________ simple when we are talking about the future.
Sharon will give us the money after she WILL GET PAID. __________________
When we WILL GO SHOPPING, I’ll buy you something nice. ______________
NOTE: In Spanish we use the SUBJUNCTIVE, but in English we use the
As soon as I see her, I’ll tell her the good news.
(En cuanto la VEA, le comento las noticias).
Complete with a word or expression from the list
As soon as – before – if – unless- until - when
1. I must write the date in my diary _____________ I forget it.
2. Let’s wait under the tree _____________ it stops raining.
3. This job is very urgent so please do it ________________
4. We won’t get a table in the restaurant _______________
we don’t book.
5. I’ll pay you back _______________ I get my first salary
6. I can’t go ____________ you pay for my ticket. I’m broke.